To start shipping your ecommerce orders with Zenstores, you’ll need to connect your Royal Mail OBA account.
What is a Royal Mail OBA account?
A Royal Mail Online Business Account (OBA) is essential for an ecommerce business as they start to send out larger volumes of letters and parcels - you’ll receive better postage rates and can have your parcels collected if you send enough per year.
An OBA is a way of managing your Royal Mail business account online. Within your OBA you can manage your business mailing, invoicing and reporting.
How does Zenstores work with Royal Mail OBA
Using Zenstores with your OBA account means that you can print labels quickly without leaving Zenstores or manually entering any of the delivery information.
With Zenstores you can link all of your ecommerce sales channels and your Royal Mail OBA account, then all your orders will be imported into one place ready for you to print Royal Mail shipping labels in bulk. As well as simplifying your label printing, Zenstores will also speed up your shipping process; helping you to meet dispatch times for eBay and Amazon, and ensuring tracking details are uploaded.
Your billing agreement and postage rates with Royal Mail will stay the same as if you are using Royal Mail DMO or OBA directly. You’ll be invoiced by Royal Mail weekly or monthly for the services that you use, as you normally would.
How to connect your Royal Mail OBA account to Zenstores
To connect your Royal Mail OBA with Zenstores you will need:
Royal Mail OBA account number: The account number of your Royal Mail Online Business Account (OBA).
OBA company name: The name of the company that you have associated with your Royal Mail OBA.
OBA email address: The email address that you would use to log into your OBA.
- Hover over ‘Settings’ and click ‘Shipping’
- Click ‘Add a courier’ and then select the Royal Mail option from the drop down list.
- You’ll be taken to a page where you are asked if you have an OBA, click ‘Yes, I have an OBA account’.
- On the next page you can enter your OBA credentials - your Royal Mail OBA account number, the name of the company associated with your OBA, and the email address that you use to log in to it. Then click ‘Request the integration’
- It usually takes 3-5 business days for Royal Mail to approve your integration and to get everything set up in your Zenstores account.