Turning off dithering on the Zebra GK420D printer for printing Royal Mail 2D bar code labels
When printing Royal Mail 2D barcodes with the Zebra GK420D printer you need to make sure that you have your dithering set to none.
This is important as it ensures a crisp scannable barcode is produced so that Royal Mail’s delivery confirmation features can be used.
Please see below for examples:
As you can see above there is a substantial difference between barcode 1 and 2.
To resolve this please follow the simple steps below:
1. First of all, navigate to your control panel and then click View devices and printers.
2. Then right click on your Zebra GK420D printer and select Print properties from the options.
3. From the popup click on the Advanced tab and then click Print profiles
4. Then click the Dithering tab and from the dithering type options click the None checkbox. Then at the bottom of the window click Apply and then OK.
5. The next step is to repeat this process but for the general settings. So once you have clicked ok in the fist popup box you now need to click the General tab and then click Preferences.
6. Then click the Dithering tab and from the dithering type options click the None checkbox. Then at the bottom of the window click Apply and then OK.
And there you have it dithering has now been turned off and all your Royal Mail 2D barcode labels will have nice crisp barcodes.