Magento Custom Soap User
If you are having trouble using the Zenstores Magento Extension or do not want to use the extension then following this process allows you to integrate your Magento site with Zenstores without having to install anything. It's easy to do and can be achieved in a couple of minutes.
The Magento API is a standard feature of the Magento infrastructure so doesn't need to be added or installed by a developer. There are 2 types of Magento API:
- REST (Magento V1.7.0 onwards)
Step 1: Creating a SOAP/XML Role
- In the Magento admin panel choose System > Web Services > SOAP/XML - RPC Roles
- Choose Add New Role
- In the Role Info tab create a Role Name and choose Save Role
- In the Role Resources tab change the Resource Access drop down option to ALL and then choose Save Role
Step 2: Creating a SOAP/XML User
- In the Magento admin panel choose System > Web Services > SOAP/XML - RPC Users
- Choose Add New User
- Fill out the Account Information form generated. Both the User Name and the API Key are created by you. You will need both of these when setting up the integration with Zenstores.
- Then choose Save User.
- In the User Role tab allocate the User to the Role (you created earlier) and then choose Save User.
Step 3: Now copy the username and API key to Zenstores
- Navigate to https://app.zenstores.com/channel/magento/add/
- Copy and paste your username, API key and API Endpoint into the boxes and click Save.